Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Most Unstoppable Shot


The other day I was shooting around at the YMCA with my friend and I practiced some sky hooks. He laughed at me and asked my why I was shooting that way, to which i replied it is the best shot you can take. He found this funny and asked why nobody used it. So why doesn't anybody take that shot? Maybe because nobody takes that shot? Because it just looks different?

J.A. Adande of ESPN did a article on the skyhook that discusses why they move is no longer used as well as exploring Kareem Abdul-Jabar's greatness. With lifetime Laker fan writing it, the move was glorified but rightfully so. The gem is watching the accompanied video many coaches and players (even Dwight Howard) talk about the move. Kareem never got blocked by his defender, this includes examples Wilt Chamberlain and Manute Bol. He was the leagues leading scorer and was first option 18 of those 20 years played. The page also explores why players no longer use it (Style, Difficulty, It's Kareem's Move).

The General Consensus is that the skyhook is the greatest shot ever.

check the article here:

No comments:

Post a Comment