Thursday, February 26, 2009

I Didn't Buy Hidden Files


Here's an Interview with Havoc where he talks about how Koch made him put Auto-tune on his album, that they wouldn't let him put any G-Unit appearances on because the label has beef (remember 50 called it the graveyard) with them. Defends Prodigy's beefs, and comments on the state of the music industry.

And For anybody whose like me who wondered why "I'm the boss" was the first single from Koch:

"Sometimes you come to some weird f**king compromise with these labels. No disrespect to Nature Sounds, but how long have Nature Sounds been a label? I could run a label better than most of these independent labels. These independent labels they offer you a cut, get you the material, and you don’t speak to them anymore. The relationship isn’t even built with them. The next thing you know, this s**t is already e-mail blasted as a single that you didn’t even approve of. I’m like, “I want to do the song to the hardest s**t on the album.” And they say, “The radio spins…” And then you started thinking, “Word, the radio spins…” And then you become a victim. But right now I don’t give a f**k because I’m going to do my numbers regardless."


Havoc usually does one word answer interviews, but this one is Really good so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment